Sunday, August 12, 2012

Personal Account: Out-of-Body Experience


This article was originally published in Journal of Conscientiology in Volume 5, 2002-2003 of Issue 17, July under Mentalsomatic Perspective


Personal Account of a Projective Attempt
- by Kim McCaul

Pre-projective period

I was taking the second stage of a course in projective techniques at the IIPC’s office in Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro. The course took place over four consecutive days from May 11-14, 1998. Ever since the course began I had noticed a difference in my nocturnal perceptions, with more lucid projective experiences. During the course itself, although I had had a sense of having been projected, so far I had not had any experiences I could recall. The last lesson was the technique of projecting with the mentalsoma. There had been three or four students in each of the previous classes but today I was alone with the instructor. 


I did not have any expectations and felt calm although with many thoughts relating to my daily life running through my mind. These continued even during the energetic exercises (Basic Mobilization of Energies) preceding the technique. During the absorption of energies, the final exercise before starting the technique itself, I felt a lot of activity in the two superior chakras (frontal and crown) which seemed to form one single chakra, situated more or less half-way between the two. The inside of my head appeared to heat up from the inside out, starting from the pineal gland until the heat focussed itself on this midway point between the chakras. So far I had been sitting and now as I lay down this part of my body remained active. After being talked through the psycho-physiological relaxation I put all my attention into this energetic process, knowing that it was the “entrance” to the mentalsoma.



Projective period

There was no sense of “take off” whatsoever. It merely felt as if the body disappeared and instead I found myself in a vast space, or rather it was I who was vastly spacious, expanded. This occurred without any great sense of ecstasy or even the feeling that this experience was in any way special. It simply felt like a change of environment or better of perception. I felt as if I was looking at my intraphysical life from the outside. From here I saw that all the hazards of life, and all those events which we might call “intrusions” are nothing other than energetic phenomena. This realization made me feel very calm. I wondered how they managed to appear so “real”?


I understood that I was not the person who was having the projection of the mentalsoma, but rather a mentalsoma who was having the experience of being an intraphysical being. In an inversion of the usual perception which sees the ‘I’ going from the intraphysical to engage in extraphysical experiences I saw that in relation to the infinity of the mentalsoma any experiences of the personality with which I was currently identifying myself were merely ephemeral phenomena. 



I attempted to understand how the intraphysical experiences of the intraphysical consciousness related to this timeless state of the mentalsoma (i.e. what is the meaning of life?) without succeeding, but also not really caring too much about the answer.


Post-projective period

I had no awareness of any interiorization and no sense of the time that might have passed. When my perception returned to the soma it was rigid, the hands were cold, and balls of hot energy were pulsating in the base of my spine as well as at the top of the head. Now the crown chakra was distinctly active. I spent another ten minutes or so lying there without moving until the instructor gave the command to return to intraphysicality. My mouth was dry and my body felt at the same time rigid and subtle.


The experience had energetic impacts which lasted at least for the subsequent two weeks during which I felt my holochakra expanded and my mind much calmer than usual. It was easy to reestablish an energetic connection with the recently experienced projection and this caused an increase of my intraphysical vibrations. Gradually this faded.


Observations

The experience gave me some insights into a problem I had pondered for a while. Why don’t we manage to live more by the mentalsoma during our day-to-day life? One possible explanation might be the great difference between its reality and our intraphysical needs. The perception of the mentalsoma, when pure or naked, without the interference of denser energies, is so far removed from the needs of our day to day that bringing it into our life would have to be learnt slowly. Put differently, the intraphysical consciousness must be trained to know its own reality without alienating itself from itself, i.e. causing mental imbalances. When healthily balanced however, experiences of the mentalsoma can have profoundly curative and life enhancing capacities as they allow the intraphysical consciousness to act in knowledge of its actual extraphysical origin, thus providing a source of inner freedom and happiness. 




Kim McCaul is a volunteer instructor with the IAC based in Adelaide, Australia. He has been studying conscientiology since 1997.  Kim is an anthropologist who works in the applied area of Australian Aboriginal affairs.

3 comments:

  1. What a great insight, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author has since published a book of interest to the readers of this blog: http://www.multidimensionalevolution.com/about-the-author.html

    ReplyDelete