A Study of the People, Movements, Ideas and Events that
Shaped Our Psychic History Date: Saturday & Sunday, March 29th & 30th, 2014
Time: 1:30PM - 6:00PM (½-hr break)
(Pacific California time, click here for time zones)
From: Live online from Los Angeles
Psychic and "spiritual" experiences - including countless altered states of consciousness - have been reported and written about in numerous cultures around the world since antiquity. They have been observed, studied, and used directly or indirectly by people for centuries to solve problems, develop themselves, understand reality and find answers to the biggest questions we have about life and death. Despite this, many people are unaware of this rich side of human history.
From the Greek Oracle at Delphi and Tantric Buddhism to Spiritualism and the birth of psychic research, this course will explore the events, people, movements and ideas that shaped our "psychic" history and have contributed to humanity's understanding of consciousness. It will give a big-picture over view of all that was experienced and achieved psychically in history and in turn show us the great potential that lies within all of us.
In this course you will:
• Understand how various altered states of consciousness and psychic experiences such as intuition, dreams, precognition, telepathy, apparitions, out-of-body experiences, near-death experiences and others were approached historically
• Learn about how psychic experiences and abilities were approached by various wisdom traditions and esoteric movements including but not limited to: Greco-Roman Mystery Religions, Tantric Buddhism, Yoga, Medieval Occultism, Christian Mysticism, Hermeticism, Mesmerism, Spiritiualism / Spiritism, Theosophy, and more
• Learn about specific dreams and other altered states of consciousness that changed the course of history
• Gain insight into the abilities of noteworthy psychics throughout history such as Emmanuel Swedenborg, Madam Blavatsky, Eusapia Palladino, Rudolph Steiner, Hamid Bey and more
• Discover the origins of science's investigation into psychic phenomena, from the early days of "psychical research" up to the present day. Learn about various researchers and their work including Frederic Myers, Charles Richet, James Hyslop, and J.B. Rhine among others
• Understand the relationship between belief systems and the interpretation and use of psychic experiences historically
• Hear interesting accounts of psychic and spiritual experiences from people throughout history
• Learn about the different techniques and approaches that were utilized by people in history to develop their psychic abilities
• Understand the relationship between history and parahistory
• Understand how psychic and spiritual movements and organizations rise and fall over time, and identify the factors that contributed to these events.